Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Simple Way to Give This Christmas Season

Poster_lp-pcwidget-700x420-ph2


Have you heard about Pure Charity?  Do you have the desire to give and make a difference but feel sad about your lack of extra funds available?  Me too!  So I got so excited when I heard about Pure Charity!
 
We are going into the holiday season--a time when most of us are buying more than usual.  Even though I am staying out of the stores as a rule, I am now planning the Christmas gifts I will buy, buying party supplies, and purchasing baking ingredients.  What if a percentage of what you purchased, all throughout the year, went to fund causes that you felt passionately about?  Do you shop at Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Groupon, or Priceline?   There are over a 1,000 participating retailers but those stuck out for me.  I just registered the credit card I use and every time I buy something at one of the participating retailers, a portion of my purchase price goes into my charity account--at no extra cost to me!  And then I can decide which projects I want to fund with my account.
 
Jen Hatmaker, author of the book 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, wrote about all the details beautifully here.  Click on this link and read all the directions if you are interested.  Follow me too and I'll follow you!  Maybe we'll fund an orphanage together or something cool like that!  Jen Hatmaker is just back from a missions trip to Haiti and she is funding the building of a school needed by the people she just served.  Technology can be wonderful, can't it?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment